Lucid Labs CMOY Headphone amplifiers are made in the USA using audiophile components. Other CMOY amps available on the market feature cheaper components.
Why use a headphone amplifier?
Just the way a nice pair of loudspeakers needs a quality amplifier to sound their best headphone's also need quality amplification to sound their best. The output power coming from most devices is inadequate to power larger hifi headphones. As a result plugging hifi headphones directly into these devices will yield underwhelming, flat-sounding audio. The good news is this can easily be fixed by using a headphone amplifier power levels needed to power larger hifi headphones. Using a headphone amplifier will not only allow you to listen at increased volume levels but will provide you with much more dynamic, full sounding audio.
- ALPS RK0971221Z05 Potentiometer with built in on/off switch. These high-quality, Japanese made potentiometers feature smooth, noise free operation.
- TLE2426 Rail Splitter chip for stable power supply. Lucid Labs CMOY amps are stable for headphones from 30-300ohms.
- Vishay Low Tolerance Resistors
- Panasonic Film Capacitors
- NJM4556 High Current op amp, features exceptionally low noise and distortion values
- 8 Pin DIP socket, makes swapping op amps easy for users that want to try out other dual op amps.
- High quality custom made PCBs
- Available in 8 different tin varieties
- Made in the USA, every single amp is tested
As seen on